Indonesian @ Chicago, Midwest Region dan sekitarnya: Indonesia Travel Information

Friday, August 03, 2007

Indonesia Travel Information

Dear friends,

According to the The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website, Passenger Travelling to Japan for Transit can obtain a Transit Pass on arrival at Narita International Airport. This information is posted on their website (Click here).

However, I just received a letter from Japan Airlines Office in Jakarta regarding some passengers that maybe experiencing some difficulties to get their Transit Pass, depending on their passport, visa to their destination and other consideration assumed by the Japan Immigration Officer.

For those who have purchased your Japan Airlines Ticket from Tedjo Express Travel, I would like to suggest you to apply for your JAPAN Transit visa for your own convenience, which can be obtained from
The Consulate General of Japan at Chicago or the other location in USA.

If you wish to contact Japan Consulate in Chicago, please call (312) 280-0400 or visit
Consulate General of Japan (Visa Section)
737 N. Michigan Ave., Ste. 1100
Chicago, IL 60611

Thank you for doing business with Tedjo Express Travel and Have a pleasant trip to Indonesia!
Lea M. Hartono
From: Japan Airlines Office in Jakarta
Sent: Tue, 31 Jul 2007
Subject: visa

ef : JKTSSP/JN-108


Dear agents,
We herewith would like to inform you that Japan Airlines will require Japan Transit Visa for all passengers going to USA and Europe with immediate effect.

Lately Japan immigration at Narita airport frequently rejects passengers to enter Japan by using Shore Pass. Passengers are requested to pay guardian fee to Japan immigration when their shore pass is rejected and lead them under their custody.

To avoid the inconvenience from your customers, please kindly advice them to apply Japan transit visa when they are traveling to USA and Europe destination.

We appreciate for your best cooperation.
Thank you.
JAL Sales Dept.