Terutama untuk yang baru pindah ke daerah Chicago-land.......
Hati hati bawa mobil di sekitar Forest Preserve Area......
The Department of Natural Resources and the Illinois Department of Transportation have issued their annual warning for motorists to be alert to the increased hazards involving deer in the roadways.Fall
is the busiest season for crashes involving deer as the deer seek mates and look for food sources. Cook County has a significant deer population and leads all of Illinois in the number of crashes involving motorists and deer. There were 995 such crashes in this county in 2007.
- Deer are most active at dawn and dusk.Motorists shoud reduce speed and be prepared to stop on roads adjacent to forest preserves.
- Deer may cross a roadway in front of you and then double back very quickly.
- If you see one deer, chances are others will be behind it.
- Avoid swerving into oncoming traffic to avoid deer, and please do not run off the road to avoid deer.
- If you are involved in an accident with a deer please notify the local police as soon as possible.
Labels: Chicago, Illinois Info